Tanning is generated by exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun or tanning beds that generates genetic harm to cells on your outmost layer of skin. The skin tries to stop further damage by producing melanin (the pigment that gives our skin its color) which results in darkening.
Reasons for Sun Tanning
Tanning outside or indoors can have dangerous effects. Tanning is proof of DNA injury to your skin, as it harms the skin cells and runs up visible signs of aging. The causalities of sun tan turn on the skin type. Few skin types always boil and never tans, whereas some burn easily but tans with difficulty.
Let’s find what are the major causalities of sun tan:
These rays are the most difficult element causing skin tan. It penetrates the deeper skin layers, generating cellular damage. Melanocytes cell discharges melanin which is responsible for the browned, darkened color of the skin.
UVB rays usually damage or scorch the upper skin layers. Exposure to UVB surges during the summer and drops during winter months, as the Earth’s ozone layer can secure a plurality of UV-B rays depending on the climate. Unlike UVA, it doesn’t activate melanocytes. It stimulates the DNA to get harmed which further boosts melanin production.
There are various types of skin tan and reactions to the sun based on your skin color.
Pale White – This skin type consistently boils in exposure to the sun but never tans.
White to light beige – It boils efficiently during sun exposure and yields the tiniest tanning.
Beige – This skin type boils relatively when revealed to the sun with a tan of light brown.
Light brown skin – It boils minimally and tans the skin into average brown.
Moderate brown skin – This skin type is gifted as it infrequently burns. Such skin tans to dark brown which may need tan removal therapy in the future.
Dark brown or black skin – As these skin types have a high quantity of melanin, it never boils and tans profusely when exposed to the sun.
Clear Sun Tan From Face And Body
Sun tan is a growing problem everyplace. Due to global warming, the ozone layer in the air is getting affected and UV rays are easily penetrating through it. But executing glowing and healthy skin is no longer difficult. Nowadays, dermatologists can help you change the effects of extreme sun exposure with current skincare procedures. Your unwanted tan lines, itchiness, tan, and bruise can be fully emptied to help show your even, bright skin underneath. Consult a dermatologist to understand your skin type and seek tan reduction treatment offers accordingly. The sites tend to a suntan that needs regular de-tanning treatment including the arm & leg, head, face, hand & feet, neck, and back
Home Therapies to Clear Sun Tanning
Essential Notice: If you are allergic to any of these raw elements, do not try these home treatments. Consult your dermatologist if your skin is exposed to a certain element, to bypass any kinds of harsh responses.
Suntan seems like a temporary matter and often with the use of many natural elements and home treatments, one can get rid of sun tan. Although these are useless in cases of pigmentation. Home treatments usually have a slight lightning effect if you used them the right way.
- One of the easiest tan reduction home cures is aloe vera. Use aloe vera gel on the affected area to assist get rid of dark spots due to sun tanning.
- Use a layer of lemon juice mixed with honey to clear sun tan and smoothen skin texture. You can also count some sugar to the lemon juice and scrub your skin gently to slough off ruined cells from the texture.
- Directly use cucumber juice with the help of a cotton ball. Cucumber is highly useful for tanned and sunburnt skin. Cucumber is a natural tan reduction element that not only helps in skin lightening but also has a cooling effect.
- Combine papaya and honey to lighten the skin and make it a paste or gel. Papaya is wealthy in natural enzymes that have skin bleaching and exfoliating properties. Honey is also wealthy in antioxidants that clear free radicals from the skin which causes aging.
- Combine oatmeal and buttermilk and form a paste and use on the tanned skin. Massage the paste for some time and leave it for 20 minutes. Oatmeal has amazing exfoliating and skin sanctification effects. Whereas, Buttermilk is wealthy in lactic acid which can soften the skin and enhance skin tone.
- Chandan or sandalwood is a miracle element when it comes to instant tan reduction from the face. It is rather much a one-stop resolution to all other types of skin woes too. Being gentle and cooling, sandalwood extracts tan from the face and enhances the texture and tone of your skin.
- Potato juice is a strong bleaching agent. It can lighten sun tan, and underestimate dark circles. Use the juice to tanned places on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Clean off with cold water.